In last Saturdays blog post we examined the questions that make every tarot reader cringe inside. This week we are going to explore what kinds of questions make for the best possible readings.
I can’t stress enough how one of the most important components of a successful reading is the question and how it’s asked. The more targeted a question is, the more likely it is the answer will be useful. If you are vague with your question you will get a vague answer.
Here are some quality questions you can ask:
- What actions can I take to bring love into my life?
- What actions do I need to stop participating in, in order for a new love to come into my life?
- How do I sabotage my relationships?
- What understanding will help me stop sabotaging and, or testing the people around me?
- What about me attracts new partners to me?
- What about me, puts other people off, or makes them feel that I am not someone they will ultimately pursue?
- What changes can I make that would be of benefit to me, and assist me in finding a new love?
- What are the qualities I value most in a partner?
- What are the qualities I absolutely do not want my next partner to have?
- How can I heal myself from previous romantic wounds?
- What behavioral patterns do I need to work upon and heal before I enter a new relationship?
- What do I feel for my partner?
- What blessings and, or gifts does my partner bring to my life that I take for granted?
- Do I want to spend my life with my current partner?
- What about my relationship makes me happy?
- What about our relationship makes my partner happy?
- What my relationship makes me sad, angry, or confused? What steps can I take to change this?
- What about our relationship makes my partner sad, angry or confused? What steps can I take to change this – either by supporting change in him, or by making changes in myself?
- What should I know about how my partner is feeling?
- What threatens my relationship?
- In what ways do I upset my partner?
- How can I strengthen the bond between my partner and myself?
- What do I need to do in order to increase the level of commitment offered in my relationship
- What good qualities in my partner do I overlook or no longer appreciate?
- How can I be a better partner, lover, friend, and companion to my partner?
- What would my partner most like to have in our relationship that is missing?
- What am I missing in my relationship with my partner?
Friends & Family
- What understanding will help me to be a better friend/sister/brother to specific person?
- What is going on in the life of specific person that is a cause of stress or upset?
- What would my daughter, son, family member or close friend, most like to change about our relationship? And how can I bring about that change to improve our relationship?
- What issues or behaviours threaten my friendships and relationships?
- What do I take for granted about my friends and family?
- What do my friends and family take for granted about me?
- Am I involved in toxic relationships?
- Is my friendship with a specific person a healthy one? What problems are lying between us? How can I address these?
- What is the strongest foundation to build my business upon in terms of where it will be 5 years from now? A partnership? A bank loan, a family loan? Business Investor? Etc.
- What approach to market will work best for my company in our marketing plan? For example – is it best to target community sentiment, talk about our secure financials, promote our fun and innovative approach etc.?
- Which area of my business has the greatest potential for success?
- Where should I focus my energies for quick profits?
- Where should I focus my energies for short term cash spike?
- What approaches to sales and marketing should I avoid?
- What are the benefits of investing in Stock A, over 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 2 years, 5 years etc?
- What does management need to see from me in order to promote me?
- What specifically does my employer want to see from me, before he/she will increase my pay?
- What areas does my employer want me to improve upon?
- Is the company I work for one that has the capacity to offer me a career path? Or am I essentially ‘stuck’ in this role as no other positions are available?
- What does my employer like most about me and about my work?
- What does my employer finds most challenging about me personality wise? What would my employer change about me if he could chose one thing?
- How can I improve my relationship with my manager?
- What can I do to make myself more ‘’visible’’ within the company?
- What am I neglecting in my career?
- What study, or new learning/understanding would help me to improve my job /sales performance?
- What is the approach to take in order to transition from x career path to y career path.
- What would be the best approach to take in order to enter a new industry at my current or higher pay rate?
- What do I need to do to open up opportunities for working overseas? What would be the benefits of working overseas? What would be the negative aspects?
- What are my strengths?
- What are my weaknesses?
- What do my guides most want me to know about myself?
- What energies are struggling to come forth in my life?
- Where does spirit lead me? What does spirit want me to know?
- How can I communicate better with my guides?
- What can you tell me about my guides?
- What do my guides want to tell me ?
Self - Reflection
- What steps can I take to restore a sense of hope to my life?
- How can I start to love myself again?
- What should I do to bring happiness back into my life?
- What is the best thing I can do, to start feeling worthwhile again?
- Which friends can help me most?
- How am I sabotaging my self?
- What false assumptions about myself do I hold on to that cause me pain?
- Which life lessons do I need to reflect back upon? What should I have learned from in these? What understandings did I miss? What do I need to understand in order to move on ?
- What do I refuse to acknowledge about myself?
- What is my greatest fear?
- What has this fear prevented me from achieving or doing ?
- What caused this fear?
- How has this fear limited me?
- How has this fear served me?
- How can I let go of this fear?
- Who am I?
- How do I feel about me?
- Who do I want to be?
- How can I build my confidence?
- How can I start rebuilding my self esteem?
- What help should I ask for?
- Which people can best help me to heal myself?
Of course these are not the be all, end all of tarot questions, but if you look at the structure of them and the style you can see how you can adapt any question to get a quality answer. Don't be discouraged if you don't get the hang of it right away. One of the courses I took years ago they actually gave us BAD questions and challenged us to rephrase them into GOOD questions. Sometimes easier said then done. Feel free to reach out to us at any time for help creating the perfect question.